Pages

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Triforce Socks


Confession: I have been putting these socks on the back burner for an embarrassingly long time.  I started them in March.  *gasp*   Ok, maybe that's not actually that long of a time, but I promised my husband finished socks in the beginning of Spring and we are now in the middle of Summer!  For some reason I just lost my sock mojo with these.  Perhaps I was all socked out, or maybe it was me just wanting a simple mindless project that didn't involve charts?  Either way, I need to finish these!

My husband is a huge Legend of Zelda fan.  What better way to show his love than by having Triforce socks?  I'm using Knit Picks Hawthorne Fingering Kettle Dye in Compass and Addi Turbo Sock Rockets in US 1.  I've had this skein of yarn in my stash for awhile and I really wanted to make myself cabled socks, but when this sock idea for my husband popped into my head I knew that I must use this yarn.  I whipped out my pad of graph paper and figured out how to chart the Triforce design in a reasonable time and cast them on.  Things were going great on the first sock.  Then I got hit with Second Sock Syndrome.  I started working on every project that wasn't this!  I finished my lace weight garter shawl with icord edging (that took forever!) using US 0 needles and I selfishly knit myself a pair of socks!  I am declaring it here on this blog to the thousands that read it (just kidding!  It's more like 3 people.😜)  "I am not touching any other project until I get these done!"  Let's see how long this lasts....

No comments:

Post a Comment