Goals. I think I like that better than resolutions. Goals make it seem more reachable and doesn't carry that guilt if I don't accomplish every single one. So here it is in no particular order, yarn related and some unrelated:
Goals I Wish To Accomplish In 2012
- Learn to drive. At 28 years old I think I've put this on the back burner for way to long. Every year that passes makes driving seem more scary. This goal however will have to wait for warmer weather. I'm thinking spring time.
- Organize my crafty corner. Since we are rearranging our apartment for he hundredth time, my corner is a mess. While I'm working on this one I need to also work on the next goal.
- Assign projects and patterns for at least 5 different yarns. I have so much yarn that is desperate to be knit and so many books with patterns begging to be used!
- Finally knit a sweater! I've come close in the past. I had a great cardigan all knit up a year ago but when I got to the sewing part I suddenly didn't feel so pleased with it. Maybe it's because my sewing skills are poor. I think to avoid this I have to go the top down route.
- Knit a baby blanket. More on that in a later post.
- Cross stitch or embroider the family tree for my Dad. I have a few different ideas in mind. I just have pick one and start!
- Knit at least 2 pairs of socks. I have a small stash of sock yarn and it's time to make use of it.
- Knit up a new pair of glove/mittens. This might have to be my next project considering it's 17 degrees outside! The mitten tops on my last pair doesn't fold over my hand right. It leaves the top of my palms chilly. I think I'll make a chunky pair.
So far that's it on my list. Looks doable right? We'll see. I'll be updating and adding more as I go. Check it out at the top of my page. Maybe I can cross off a few this month. 2011 went by insanely fast so I will not be sleeping on 2012! It'll be December again in a flash!
Any crafty goals for you this year? Please share! Maybe it'll give me some ideas to add to my own.